- Job Title Bilingual Health Coach Manager
- Hiring Organization Virta Health
- Company Website https://www.virtahealth.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
As Health Coach Manager, you are responsible for managing a team of coaches that are providing direct care for our patients. Health coaches at Virta work directly with patients to help reverse metabolic disease by providing high quality remote care through personalized nutrition and lifestyle recommendations. You’ll lead, develop, and inspire your team to achieve exceptional patient outcomes and ensure delightful patient experiences as our teams continue to grow and scale.
This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
Is this role not quite what you’re looking for? Join our Talent Community and follow us on Linkedin to stay connected!
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta’s security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients’ information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Virta has a location based compensation structure. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. For this role, the compensation range is $69,600 – $96,000. Information about Virta’s benefits is on our Careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
- Lead a diverse team of health coaches and own team metrics and outcomes, while ensuring safe and high quality delivery of the Virta Treatment, managing coach capacity and team coaches, and supporting individual coach development
- Create and maintain a collaborative environment of trust, problem solving, and growth.
- Encourage opportunities for teammates to collaborate, mentor each other and share learnings and best practices to elevate patient care and achieve patient success.
- Monitor and own coach (and team) performance through key metrics to Identify high performers and actively manage underperformers through coaching and performance management. Providing guidance, coaching, and consistent feedback to all teammates.
- Assist and support coaches as an expert in our coaching methods, internal systems, processes, and technology
- Encourage a solution-oriented culture and work to iterate and improve on our processes
- Lead teammates through transitions and times of change with clear communication, empathy, and understanding while helping teammates understand what success looks like.
- Demonstrate and serve as a champion of the Virta culture and team values.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Master the basics of the Virta Treatment and understand the full patient experience.
- Become an expert on our coaching methods, internal systems, processes, and technology.
- Get to know your fellow coach managers and direct reports.
- Partner with other Coach Managers to build relationships, share learnings and provide consistency for all of our patients.
- Understand key performance indicators that are used to track health coach and pod (team) performance and what behaviors influence those metrics.
- Complete audits and chart reviews to provide developmental feedback to teammates.
- Review patient feedback and follow up with patients to identify opportunities to improve the patient experience through coaching.
- 3+ years people management experience (required)
- Bilingual, (English/Spanish preferred)
- Experience in a digital health organization or customer service support role (strongly preferred)
- Prior experience (1+ year) coaching or counseling patients in a clinical and/or behavioral setting (strongly preferred)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attentiveness to detail
Who You Are:
- Outcomes-driven and passionate about improving metabolic health for our patients and ensuring positive patient experiences. You put the patient at the center of every decision and rally your team around that.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and to lead through times of change. You are an ally for change success and support your team through change management.
- Supportive and able to drive alignment. You build a strong team culture and create an environment of trust, problem solving and growth.
- You embrace a growth mindset, approaching challenges with curiosity and openness to change
- You have unquestionable integrity and authenticity in daily interactions.
- Resourceful, creative and solution-oriented when it comes to solving problems and addressing challenges.
- Lead through influence as much as through management. You are grounded and realistic, yet bring optimism in every situation.
- Hold a high standard for performance. You coach and manage your team to deliver on exceptional outcomes.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $69,600 – $96,000
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page