- Job Title Commercial Counsel
- Hiring Organization Sword
- Company Website https://www.sword-group.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
Our Commercial Legal Team is growing to support new product waves, new channels and greater market penetration. We are looking for an experienced Commercial Counsel with demonstrated drafting and negotiation skills and a love for creative and pragmatic problem solving. The Commercial Legal Team finds “Yes” while protecting the enterprise. Experience with digital health, SaaS contracting and health plans is a strong plus.
Among other tasks, as assigned by the Head of Legal, the Commercial Counsel role will serve as a strategic partner to the larger commercial team, including sales, strategic partnerships, customer success, marketing, etc., and will be primarily responsible for negotiating, drafting and reviewing various commercial agreements on the organization’s behalf. As a strategic partner, the Commercial Counsel will also help to build processes and other mechanisms to support growth, manage risk and drive collaboration. Curious, proactivity and the ability to co-lead opens the door to further growth within the overarching team.
Sword is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We champion diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Sword, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our applicants and team members is critical to our success as a global company. The more inclusive and diverse we are, the bigger our impact will be.
- Work closely and partner with the Commercial Team, including Sales, Strategic Partnerships, Marketing, and Customer Success teams on transactions that drive the company’s revenue and reach.
- Structure, negotiate, and close transactional agreements in collaboration with internal subject matter experts (privacy, compliance, regulatory, data security, engineering, etc.)
- Provide sound advice and guidance on legal and business-related issues to senior business leaders and staff
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in agreements
- Work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Respond promptly to the demands of an active Commercial team and their management
- Develop and deliver training on legal issues and contract processes
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies and processes to help streamline, simplify and automate the contracting processes
- The right candidate will be curious, diligent, flexible (i.e., willing to find “yes”), hard-working and have the desire to be impactful, as your contributions will be a key driver to SWORD Health’s continued growth and success
- A minimum of 5 -8 years of law firm and in-house commercial legal experience, preferably with a successful, high-growth enterprise involving healthcare, healthcare technology, medical devices, etc.
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and licensed to practice law in the U.S for a minimum of 5 -8 years
- Outstanding analytical, drafting, negotiation, collaboration, written and communication skills
- Exceptional and pragmatic organizational, project management, problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines (especially at quarter end)
- The ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels inside and outside the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Service-oriented, responsive, professional, and strong integrity
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of various contracting methods (traditional, online, click-through, SaaS, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of new business/joint ventures structures, regulatory matters (FDA), risk management and contract management experience
- Health plan contracting experience, exposure to state telemedicine laws
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid
- Aptitude to work well with larger team on seeking efficiencies for legal support
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Equity Shares
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Parental leave
- Free Digital Therapist for your family
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page