- Job Title Counsel, Litigation and Investigations
- Hiring Organization Clipboard Health
- Company Website https://www.clipboardhealth.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the role:
You have both the sharp instincts of a high-stakes litigator and an entrepreneurial spirit. You crave a creative and collaborative—rather than purely adversarial—experience in the law. You are a skilled and concise writer and communicator, and excel at and enjoy detail-oriented tasks, fact-finding, and investigative work. You have experience navigating internal databases to collect and digest complex sets of data. You are eager to bring your experience with litigation and investigations to an in-house role on a small and supportive team that affords opportunity for professional growth. You look forward to channeling your skills as a litigator into supporting and advocating for a mission-driven and groundbreaking business. You embrace and are not daunted by ambiguity or a challenge, have a perennially positive attitude, and are eager to help build a legal department and support the business in a fast-paced and innovative startup environment. You enjoy taking the lead on projects and managing other legal assistants, and naturally take the initiative to solve problems and improve and streamline systems and processes.
Annual salary range: $180,000 – $230,000.
The range provided is Clipboard Health’s reasonable estimate of the salary for this role. The actual amount may differ based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and location. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or equity compensation.
- Contribute to legal strategy and day-to-day management of any pending litigation and investigations, including HR and other employment matters
- Liaise with and provide direction to outside counsel
- Lead and improve the company’s subpoena response process
- Assist with regulatory compliance and legal operations work when needed, and work closely with the Trust and Safety, Customer Operations and People Operations functions
- Work cross-functionally to identify, investigate, and manage risks across the business
- Analyze and provide guidance to the company on evolving rules, regulations, compliance requirements, and trends impacting the tech and healthcare industries
- Build and oversee the implementation of an improved data and document management system for the legal function
What success looks like 90 days in:
- You are deeply familiar with any pending litigation and investigation matters and have taken over leadership of more than one such matter, including communicating and coordinating with outside counsel and internal stakeholders
- You have taken concrete steps to improve the legal function’s data and document management system
- You have built and own new processes to track the business’s compliance with regulatory requirements in at least four states
- You have systematized and now lead the company’s subpoena response process
- You have contributed to drafting and updating at least one company policy and improving at least one substantial cross-functional process
- You are contributing to legal strategy decisions made by the Head of Legal
- JD, admission to a state bar, and at least 4 years of relevant litigation, (including employment litigation) and/or investigations experience practicing in the U.S. (including at a well respected law firm or as an in house attorney)
- Experience engaging with government regulators
- Bias toward action and solving (not just spotting) problems
- Ability to take ownership of your work and manage projects independently
- Excellent communication and writing abilities
- Comfort and skill navigating complexity and ambiguity and working on a leanly staffed team
- Willingness to quickly dive in on new and “unfamiliar” legal issues
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously and meet tight deadlines
- Agility and flexibility to take on new tasks and responsibilities when necessary to support the business and legal team’s needs in a fast-moving, rapidly scaling, and dynamic tech company
Nice to have:
- Experience handling arbitrations and class actions
- Clerkship experience
- Government experience
- Experience working cross-culturally and with diverse, global teams
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $180,000 - $230,000
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page