- Job Title Live Coach for English
- Hiring Organization Mango Languages
- Company Website https://mangolanguages.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type: Remote, Part Time, Freelance
Mango Languages is looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable language instructors for Mango Live, our online live instruction program. In this remote contract position, you ll prepare personalized blended learning assignments and live sessions using proprietary Mango Languages learning tools. You ll coach and assess groups and/or individual working professionals as well as their spouses and children. In your classes, you will use the communicative approach as well as proprietary methodologies and curricula to facilitate our online live instruction sessions.
This remote position allows you to connect from anywhere in the world and enjoy the flexibility to work at hours that suit you and your schedule. In this role, you will be part of a diverse team of coaches and administrators who are there to support you and exchange ideas. Regular feedback and ongoing training will help you grow as an individual and professional. You will build relationships and establish powerful connections with your students as you guide them and follow their progress.
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced educator with a passion for learning and teaching language and culture.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology. At Mango we maintain a drug-free workplace. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Apply the communicative approach and the Mango methodology in online language instruction.
- Prepare personalized sessions using proprietary Mango Language learning tools.
- Coach professional clientele and, in some cases, their spouses and children.
- Evaluate students language proficiency and provide regular progress reports.
- Manage multiple individual and group students with various schedules across varied levels of proficiency.
- Manage attendance records, student schedules, and syllabi.
- Commit to teaching between 10 and 30 hours per week, usually during US working hours.
- Commit to initial online orientation, paid for by Mango Languages.
- Native speaker of English
- Demonstrated experience teaching English and/or a degree in language teaching, applied linguistics, or a teaching certification.
- Passion for the learning and teaching of language and culture
- Experience using technology in live online language instruction
- Reliable internet connection
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of language proficiency standards, including ACTFL
- Comprehensive understanding of the language learner in a virtual environment
- Experience working with a diverse population of learners
- Advanced knowledge of current trends in instructional methodologies
- Experience with Google Suite (Sheets and Docs) and Zoom, preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of language teaching experience, preferred
- Passionate about teaching and sharing language and culture
- Promote effective communication in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- High standard of responsibility and accountability
- High level of adaptability
- Enthusiasm for incorporating technology in language learning
- Skilled at working effectively with others in a team
- Have a flexible schedule
- Strong communication skills and responsiveness on email
- Readiness to think critically and ask questions
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven track record of consistently meeting deadlines
- Have strong problem solving skills
How To Apply
- Step 1: Submit a resume and cover letter (in English) outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description. Please submit everything in English.
- Step 2: Submit a brief video (up to three minutes long) introducing yourself and your background, both in English and in the language you will be teaching. (The video can be done using any platform / technology). Please email your video to linguist video @ mangolanguages.com.
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours freelance
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page