- Job Title Provider Practice Coding Consultant
- Hiring Organization Datavant
- Company Website https://www.cioxhealth.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Who we are…
Ciox Health merged with Datavant in 2021, creating the nation’s largest health data ecosystems, powering secure data connectivity on behalf of thousands of providers, payers, health data analytics companies, patient-facing applications, government agencies, research institutions and life science companies. The combined company is focused on improving patient outcomes and reducing costs by removing impediments to the secure exchange of health data. Ciox, a Datavant company will offer the ability to access, exchange, and connect data among the thousands of organizations in its ecosystem for use cases ranging from better clinical care and value-based payments to health analytics and medical research.
What we offer
At Ciox Health we offer all employees a place to grow and expand their current skills so that they can not only help build Ciox Health into the greatest health technology company but create a career that you can be proud of. We offer you complete training and long-term career goals. Our environment is what most of our employees are the proudest of and our Architecture Group is comprised of some of the brightest and most talented individuals. Give us just a few moments to explain why we need you and hope you will help us change how the health Industry manages its’ medical records.
What we need
Provider Practice Coding Consultant provides consulting and education needs related to coding quality, compliance assessments, external payer reviews, and coding education. Offers meaningful information to meet customer expectations including identifying and proposing solutions for customer issues, develops and maintains account relationships through responsiveness and calm, reflective work practices and works cooperatively with HIM Division leadership and scheduling for optimal services outcome in hospitals and alternative care settings.
To ensure the safety of patients and staff, many of our clients require post-offer health screenings and proof and/or completion of various vaccinations such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by Ciox Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in which you will be working, exemptions may be available on the basis of disability, medical contraindications to the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, and/or religion.
For remote work, this position requires that you provide a high-speed internet connection, subject to applicable expense reimbursement requirements (if any), and a work environment free from distractions.
Pay ranges for this job title may differ based on location, responsibilities, skills, experience, and other requirements of the role. Pay range is between $20-28 an hour.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Reviews medical records and assigns appropriate CPT, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10 procedures, ICD-10-CM and ICD-10 PCS, HCPCS, DSMV codes as appropriate and required by client workflow.
- Conducts data quality reviews of records to assess compliance with official coding and documentation guidelines.
- Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
- Typically works remotely, accessing work related tasks via VPN access.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Willing and able to travel when necessary, if applicable.
- Complies with all CIOX Health and HIM Division policies and procedures.
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials.
- Attends CIOX Health mandatory sponsored in-service and/or education meetings as required.
- Adheres to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1+ year of coding experience
- Associate or Bachelor’ degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-A, CRC, CPC-H, CIC or COC preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
- Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given annually
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $20-28 an hour
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page