- Job Title Senior Backend Engineer, Product Analytics
- Hiring Organization GitLab
- Company Website https://about.gitlab.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We’re hiring a Senior Backend Engineer for the Product Analytics group. The Product Analytics group is focused on building an analytics platform that closes the DevOps loop: driving insight by measuring user value, connected to the value that GitLab already delivers as a DevOps platform.
You will be closely collaborating with counterparts from Engineering, UX, Quality, and Product. You will work across the backend (Ruby on Rails, Go), interfacing with frontend (Vue.js) parts of our application.
Part of our mission is building a scalable platform capable of handling billions of events, making them available to query upon to drive insight. Experience with managing infrastructure and technologies like Kubernetes and Helm will be greatly advantageous in this position.
This position is 100% remote.
- Develop features and improvements to the GitLab product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Assess, design, and build solutions to address use cases involving the analysis and interpretation of highly complex data to arrive at actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (e.g. UX) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of large scope and complexity
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
- Participate in Tier 2 or Tier 3 weekday and weekend and occasional night on-call rotations to assist troubleshooting product operations, security operations, and urgent engineering issues
- You have a growth mindset: embracing ambiguity and seeking opportunities to challenge yourself and continuously grow your skills
- You have professional experience with PostgreSQL, ClickHouse or similar technologies in large production environments
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for achieving consensus and success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- You have demonstrated the ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term. Within the last 5 years, you’ve worked at one company for at least 2 years.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- You are familiar with working in an open source environment
- You are comfortable working in a cross-functional organization
- You are able to thrive in a fully remote organization
- You are able to use GitLab
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Experience managing infrastructure in a Cloud-native environment, using Kubernetes, Helm, etc.
- Experience working with data and analytics technologies, e.g., Snowplow, Kafka, ClickHouse, Vector, Segment, etc.
- Experience building high-volume and high-throughput distributed systems or data analytics solutions for product-minded organizations
- Experience working with modern frontend frameworks (eg. React, Vue.js, Angular)
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup/company
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor
- Experience working in a global, distributed, or otherwise multi-cultural team
- Enterprise software company experience
- Experience scaling a successful SaaS product
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $111k-$288k per year
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page