- Job Title Senior Manager, Customer Experience Tools
- Hiring Organization Oyster
- Company Website https://www.oysterhr.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
- Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
- Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
- Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
- Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
Oyster is growing fast, and we are looking for a Senior Manager, Customer Experience Tools to help us build and optimize a robust Tools team that will support Oyster at scale. You will be part of a Business Operations team, within the Customer Experience (CX) organization. CX manages the five operational business units which drive the post-sale customer journey. You will be reporting to the Business Operations Senior Director, a member of the CX leadership team.
The Customer Experience organization’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class customer experience from onboarding all the way through the customer lifecycle. We ensure effective delivery of Oyster’s services and are continually evolving the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations so our teams can focus on the highest value add activities for our customers. As a key leader in the growing organization, you will be instrumental in driving the vision for how we use tools and technology to enable the organization to be more effective.
Candidates should have experience in SaaS or related technology companies, be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, matrixed organization, and will have a vision for designing a high-performance Tools team.
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. We build trust. We thrive together.
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email email@example.com with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
- Build and develop a world-class Tools team within Customer Experience
- Own the end to end vision, workflows, and general architecture of systems and tools used by Customer Experience to drive efficiency, transparency, and collaboration
- Bring on new tools as needed, responsible for end to end process from conducting needs analysis through implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Partner with teams outside Customer Experience, including Product, to improve processes and plans that will drive efficiency and effectiveness of our operations
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with teams including Sales and Account Management, Business Unit leadership, Product and Marketing
- 7-10 years of experience in a systems & tools team, ideally at a hyper-growth SaaS or digital marketplace
- 3+ years of 1st line management experience
- Extensive experience with implementing, maintaining and optimizing Zendesk in the context of Customer Support
- Experience with additional types of Customer Experience tools including Customer Success Platforms, Workforce Management, and Virtual Agent Platforms
- Exposure to high-performance teams with a deeply collaborative outlook, builder mentality, execution mindset, and transparent and inspirational attitude
- High self-awareness and personal determination combined with high energy and low-ego style that drives results and outcomes
- Track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of strategic projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible mindset to adapt to our rapidly changing work environment
- Remote-first advocate and passionate about creating change in the future of the work landscape
- Driven by the social impact mission and desire to use skills to influence global change and employment opportunities
- [BONUS] Experience working in a globally distributed company
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page