- Job Title Senior Researcher, Speech
- Hiring Organization AssemblyAI
- Company Website https://www.assemblyai.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a Senior Researcher, Speech specializing in Speech Technology to join our Speech team! With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join AssemblyAI.
Salary range: $170K – $230K
Working at AssemblyAI
We are a small but mighty group of problem solvers, innovators, and experienced AI researchers with over 20 years of expertise in Machine Learning, Speech Recognition, and NLP. As a fully remote team, we’re looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated. We put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team and want to find people who will add to our culture, not just fit in.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
- Provide scientific leadership on ambitious research projects that have the potential for a high impact on AssemblyAI’s products and services, as well as on external research and technology communities
- Engage with research communities through activities such as publishing experimental results or participating in conferences
- Execute those research projects in a scientifically sound manner
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research in the speech domain and share this knowledge across the company
- Replicate and examine state-of-the-art speech models based on conference/journal publications
- Collaborate with the technology leadership team to prioritize the research agenda, define the scopes of research projects, and take charge of their execution
- Collaborate with the engineering team to deploy new models into production
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field; or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field plus equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in speech research based on deep learning or machine learning in either an academic or industry setting specific research topics include, but are not limited to:
- ASR (e.g., model architecture, ASR robustness, acoustic/language modeling).
- Speaker modeling (e.g., speaker verification, speaker identification, speaker diarization)
- Self-supervised learning for speech or speech-text
- Multilingual speech modeling (multilingual ASR, speech translation, language identification)
- Applications of ASR (e.g., spoken dialogue modeling, speech summarization)
- Paralinguistics (e.g., speech emotion recognition)
- A track record of widely recognized research publications at leading conferences; or a demonstrated ability to commercialize research results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in technical matters
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years experience in applied research in the speech or related industry
- Experience of mentoring junior researchers or PhD students in conducting research and getting it published
- 1+ year of experience writing models in Google JAX and training them on TPU hardware
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $170K - $230K
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page