- Job Title Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
- Hiring Organization Red Canary
- Company Website https://redcanary.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber threats. We’re a cyber security company who protects, supports and empowers organizations to make better security decisions so they can focus on their mission without fear of cyber threats.
The combination of our market-defining technology and expertise prevents breaches every day and sets a new standard for partnership in the industry. We’re united in our commitment to customers and grounded in our values, which earned us a place on the Forbes Best Start-up Employers 2022 list. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk.
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
Red Canary’s engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cyber security with unique opportunities to learn new technology and tackle the hardest problem in cyber security.
You are passionate about applying your technical expertise to quickly ship an MVP based on requirements, and refine it through feedback from your customers. You’re comfortable diving into a large Rail application that serves 200+ customers. We are searching for a Rails engineer to join us in building the Red Canary platform. We continuously push product improvements to production so on day one you will be making security better for a large number of organizations. Our customers depend on us 24/7 and the software you build makes a meaningful difference to improve their security. In this role you may work from our Denver office or remote.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Work dynamically with your engineering team as you build, test, and refine Red Canary’s product suite
- Write great code and tackle a wide variety of technical problems – help with bugs, new features and small enhancements on the product
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to improve Red Canary’s offerings
- Build a product that our customers love – Ensure great quality of your code through tests, both pre- and post deployment
- Have 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Love to write code and take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Are experienced with Ruby on Rails and other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Ability to be in an on call rotation within the Engineering department
- Architect scalable applications that serves both internal and external users and high-volume background tasks
- Have confidence making architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Test the software you write to ensure we deliver the highest quality products
- Have deep knowledge of operating Postgres at scale, including replication, monitoring and optimization, preferred
Targeted base salary: $115,000 – 130,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
- 100% Paid Premiums- Red Canary pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents. No waiting period.
- Fertility Benefits- All new hires are eligible for benefits as of their first day.
- Flexible Time Off- Take the vacation and sick time you need.
- Health Reimbursement Account- Fully funded by Red Canary to offset out of pocket expenses such as deductibles, coinsurance and copays.
- Flexible Work Environment- With 60% remote workforce, Canaries can work from virtually almost anywhere.
- Paid Parental Leave- Full base pay to bond/care for your new child.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $115,000 – 130,000
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page