- Job Title Staff Software Engineer, MongoDB Specialist
- Hiring Organization Mural
- Company Website https://www.mural.co/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Our team is a crucial part of the Foundation organization. We are dedicated to safeguarding, supporting, and advancing the software and systems that power all of the Mural’s public services. With an unwavering focus on availability, latency, performance, and capacity, our vigilant eye ensures uninterrupted service delivery to our users. Together, we strive to maintain the reliability and optimization of our infrastructure, enabling seamless experiences for our customers.
We are actively seeking a seasoned Staff Software Engineer, with a specialized focus on MongoDB, to join our team. As a MongoDB Specialist, you will lead in the design, construction, and maintenance of our database architecture for software products. Your role will involve close collaboration with development teams, product departments, and data engineering to ensure that our databases not only scale, but also maintain exceptional levels of reliability and efficiency, adhering to best practices in the field.
Extensive experience with scalable usage of MongoDB in application backends is a key requirement for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Design and implement database architecture for software products, including MongoDB databases.
- Define database schema and data structures based on business requirements
- Ensure that the data stores achieve maximum performance and availability
- Design indexing strategies.
- Design and implement software tools and applications that extend the given capabilities of existing data stores technologies, in order to meet unmet needs.
- Collaborate with development teams, product departments, and data engineering to integrate database components with their client software applications.
- Help product departments use our data stores with the best practices and ensure data governance and compliance.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging database technologies and trends, and propose strategies for staying ahead of our game.
- Be on a rotating on-call schedule
- 6+ years of experience in the design, implementation, configuration, and administration of MongoDB databases.
- Software development experience with proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Experience with NoSQL schema management including large-scale schema migrations with live data
- Experience with enterprise-compliant database models and operations.
- Experience in designing and implementing strategies that provide high availability, redundancy and business continuity to mission-critical systems.
- Experience in managing SIEM solutions like DataDog, NewRelic, Prometheus+Grafana, etc.
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $180,200 – $220,900 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $180,200 - $220,900
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page