Wolters Kluwer Health (WKH) is a leading global provider, with approximately 2,600 employees in 36 countries worldwide, of information for professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health, pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry.
We are looking for Sr. Software Engineer to join in development of our Firecracker Software Suite of products. Research it here:
This is an exciting growth opportunity for an engineer who knows Ruby Rails, and preferably Ember!
Telecommute offered! Based on this unique requirement, this position is now open nationally, with telecommute to be considered for the right applicant!
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of ?4.4 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at or email . TTY is also available at
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
* Analyzes, evaluates and reviews the requirements for new applications or modifications to existing applications for appropriate functionality.
* Responsible for design, code, configuration, and implementation of high quality software solutions that are delivered on time and within budget.
* Maintains the best practices needed to ensure on time, quality software solution deliverables.
* Participate in design, code, and QA walkthroughs and reviews.
* Work with a distributed engineering team to foster a smooth development process among onsite and offshore team members.
* Mentor junior and offshore engineering teams.
* Stay abreast of the ever-changing technology industry to make sure solutions developed are following ‘best practices’ and will meet the needs of the business going forward. Research and evaluate emerging technology solutions.
* Develop and review project estimates and assumptions during planning and at key project milestones.
* Validate the development approach and assumptions that underlie the project plans and work plans.
* Provide complete documentation for all technology initiatives.
Required: Equivalent formal training and at least 6 years of relevant experience.
* Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technically oriented field — preferable Computer Science
* 5 years of professional development experience developing web applications for use on platforms and systems.
* 1 year of recent professional development, architecture, and maintenance of Ruby on Rails applications.
* Experience with both Rails 3 and Rails 4 preferred.
* 3 years of professional experience with RDBMS including working knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL (prefer version 9.x). Preference experience with DB design, tuning, and optimization.
* 3 years of professional experience working with cloud platforms. Preference for AWS.
* Knowledge of and/or experience with Docker and containers.
* High motivation and commitment to continuous technical development, and ability to successfully present solutions while being open to feedback from others.
* Strong unit testing, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page