ur client empowers organizations to transform their business through the rapid adoption and easy management of digital services. Their adaptable platform has enabled thousands of organizations to modernize their business operations with customizable service management, automation, and reporting across the enterprise. Friction makes work slow and frustrating-our client helps organizations achieve meaningful and measurable digital service transformation, faster.
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our team in Colorado, Seattle or work remote in the US.
Who Will Love This Job
- A team player: You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem solver: You use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. You probe all fruitful sources for answers and you can see hidden problems. You look beyond the obvious and you don’t stop at the first answer.
- A smart cookie: You are bright and intelligent. You deal with concepts and complexity comfortably. People describe you as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You embrace the opportunity to learn about things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting with a minimum of planning, and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
The role of Software Architect is one of technical leadership, coordination, and mentorship, involving frequent interactions with product strategists, product owners, engineering leadership, software developers, and others inside and outside of the R&D organization. Our client’s Software Architects are primarily responsible for defining the future architecture plans for our products as well as advising and assisting with current and near-term feature delivery efforts to make forward architectural progress. This role will lead the efforts to:
- Define and refine product architecture plans to best meet the needs of our current and future customers and partners, while balancing against practical constraints of time to delivery, technical complexity, and target deployment scenarios.
- Right-size feature delivery plans in conjunction with product strategists, owners, and engineering teams to ensure that planned feature scope is well aligned with delivery timelines.
- Evaluate alignment between feature plans and product architecture plans, and work toward opportunities to advance each in support of the other.
- Assist in solving challenging code and/or environmental issues that may arise internally or externally when using our products.
- Spearhead the introduction of new technical capabilities into our product architecture based on current or anticipated needs, and assist with education and advocacy regarding those technical capabilities.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to develop and manage short and long-term engineering strategy and plans (and continue to refine it based upon our client’s business strategy and vision).
- Collaborate with product strategists and owners to help identify emerging trends in the IT Service Management (ITSM) and ESM markets and how they can be implemented into future releases.
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering and other engineering groups to ensure development and test methodologies and best practices are defined and aligned with quality goals.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and technical leadership for the engineering team regarding current and future technical capabilities. Monitor and evaluate the results of architectural job functions.
- Provide technical assessments for hiring related activities.
- Become an expert user of the client’s Service Management application.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in software development, including designing, building, and shipping on-premises enterprise software products
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Environments specifically .NET and SQL Server, including the creation of data-driven Windows services, Web Applications, Web APIs, and desktop applications
- Deep knowledge of multi-threaded, multi-process applications
- Deep experience debugging complex problems. Experience debugging crash dumps is a bonus
- Experience with the Scrum/Agile framework
Nice to Have
- Experience delivering SaaS software for enterprise use
- Experience producing software in an ISV environment
- Experience with the ITSM/ITIL industry
- Experience with Git
- Experience with the client’s Service Management (CSM) application
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You enjoy bringing order from chaos
- You are constantly challenging yourself to bring positive impact to those around you
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- You share our enthusiasm for a fast-paced work environment and a passion to pursue others’ success as strongly as our own.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions and team outings
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Remote Job Location US
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page