At ActBlue, we build and power the premier online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. As a nonprofit ourselves, our mission is to put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and make giving online to these groups as easy as possible.
Since 2004, campaigns and organizations across the country have raised over $3 billion using our tools, with an average contribution size of $40. Thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations to local school board members count on our fundraising tools to fuel their organizing work.
We’re a growing team that has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission, and we’re looking for more great team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in.
The Operations Team ensures the smooth functioning of one of the most complex political financial operations in the country. We process countless donations on a daily basis through our software, and this requires a high level of oversight and management. As part of the Operations Team, the Chargeback Analyst will be responsible for responding to and tracking transaction disputes from our various credit card processors. Efficient, accurate responses to disputes allow us to appropriately mediate any issues arising from donor contributions. We handle sensitive data through various financial interfaces, and the ideal candidate knows that this work requires serious attention to detail, thoroughness, and discretion.
By helping resolve any issues that arise with our donations, this role is crucial in making sure we consistently provide the best service to the Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, nonprofits, and small-dollar donors relying on us every day. This is a fully remote, part-time position with a flexible schedule. Applicants must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, with more hours and overtime available during certain predetermined times throughout the year.
- Organize incoming online dispute inquiries from credit card processors.
- Manage and respond to dispute inquiries in a timely manner.
- Track dispute results and translate them into metrics to help us improve our processes.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other remote coworkers.
- Organized and efficient: Due to the nature of this work, you will always have a deadline to hit this role is perfect for someone who has a serious knack for managing their time and workload effectively.
- Highly detail-oriented: This work is repetitive and involved, and it is absolutely crucial to our organization’s success. We need someone who has an unwavering attention to detail. Comfort and familiarity with date entry and/or numbers-based work is preferred.
- Comfortable going solo: You will be working remotely and on a flexible schedule, which means that you’ll largely be managing your work independently. You’ll have a great team to turn to when needed and regular check-ins with your supervisor, but we would like the person in this role to be adept at independent work.
- Ready to learn: The tasks of this position are very detailed and specific to our organization. We don’t expect that you’ll be able to go at it alone on day one, but we would love to bring someone on board who is eager to learn and develop new skills!
- Interested in helping us improve: Every system can evolve for the better, and ours is no exception! Someone who can come in with fresh eyes and help us sharpen our work will be a major asset.
- Familiar with our tools: We mostly use Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets for this work. Experience with SQL is also a plus, though not required.
This posting is for a part-time, fully remote position. ActBlue offers competitive hourly compensation and a generous benefits package, including fully employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, and an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan. ActBlue will also provide the technology and hardware needed to do the job.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position!
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours minimum of 20 hours per week, with more hours and overtime available during certain predetermined times throughout the year.
- Closing Date January 20, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page