Our mission is to help elevate those who are underestimated at tech companies. We’re seeking a business manager to help us be more efficient — and therefore more effective at squashing the status quo.
About us ?
About the role ?
Some of your typical responsibilities might include:
- Continuously seeking (& implementing) ways to improve efficiency across our 3 brands
- Owning the process for generating, sending, and following up on invoices & ensuring timely payments
- Inputting business financial activity into a forecasting tool on a weekly basis
- Finding & removing unnecessary expenses from our monthly / yearly budgets
- Preparing client proposals and agreements
- Creating SOPs, training docs & screencasts
- Implementing the RACI framework for projects (both client projects and Forget The Funnel projects)
- Managing projects across all 3 brands, and keeping everything on schedule as they progress
- Purchasing personal gifts / thank-you gifts for clients, marketing partners, etc
- Recognizing opportunities to improve (and later outsource, if prudent) tasks and projects to assistants, specialists etc. For example: Inbox management, Personal appointment scheduling, Booking travel accommodations
- Being the first point of contact for all client, partner and community needs including proposals, invoicing, follow-ups, weekly updates & support.
- Onboarding new clients — creating a workspace for each new client in project management software, setting communication expectations, etc
- Scheduling client kickoff calls & recurring check-in calls
- Compiling & sending weekly client updates
- Calendaring with clients, marketing partners, etc.
Here are the “must-haves” to be successful in this role:
- Previous professional experience in operations and / or project management.
- A++ Communication skills. You’re confident interfacing with CEOs of million-dollar companies, marketing professionals, and freelancers alike. You wouldn’t be caught dead making a grammatical error.
- Proactivity & hustle. When others have gone silent or created a roadblock, you (kindly) take initiative & nudge them on it. You take it upon yourself to keep conversations and projects moving forward.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re comfortable evaluating options and making decisions in the face of uncertainty, and later reporting back to your team on what worked, what didn’t work, and what you’ve learned.
- Organizational skills & attention to detail. Turning chaos into order makes your heart sing.
- You’re not an asshole. We strive to be generous and an absolute pleasure to work with. We’ll look for the same from you.
- Supporting client contacts at the C-Suite level
- Training or managing other people
- Creating internal documentation or training materials
- Working in or with SaaS companies
- Working with modern business tools like Asana and / or Notion.so (we currently use Asana, but are slowly migrating to Notion), Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), WordPress, Calendly, Loom
Why we think you’ll like working with us ?
- You’ll be part of a collaborative, driven team who genuinely love working together
- You’ll have a flexible, part-time schedule and the ability to work from wherever in the world you want
- You’ll be treated as a core team member and partner: someone whose input and feedback we’ll truly seek as we streamline and operationalize our brands
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL.
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours 10-20 hours weekly
- Closing Date January 19, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page