- Job Title AIxCC Research Engineer
- Hiring Organization Trail of Bits
- Company Website https://www.trailofbits.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Our Research & Engineering practice is dedicated to advancing the state of the art for discovering, patching, and preventing software vulnerabilities. As the AIxCC Research Engineer at Trail of Bits, you will join an existing team and access Trail of Bits’ resources as a core individual contributor among researchers and engineers participating in DARPA’s AI Cyber Challenge (AIxCC).
The challenge aims to leverage the power of AI-driven systems to address critical cybersecurity issues, including securing vital infrastructure and software supply chains. You will collaborate closely with leading AI companies, DARPA, and other challenge advisors to develop state-of-the-art cybersecurity solutions and compete in both the semifinal and final phases of the competition.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Contribute to the research and engineering for competing in DARPA’s AI Cyber Challenge (AIxCC).
- Develop and implement innovative AI-driven cybersecurity tools and techniques.
- Design, prototype, and optimize software solutions to defend critical software at scale.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of AI-driven cybersecurity systems.
- Participate with the team through the qualifying event, semifinal competition, and final AI Cyber Challenge competition phases.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in AI and cybersecurity to ensure the team’s competitive edge.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with cybersecurity competitions, challenges, or CTFs is a plus.
- Experience in research and development efforts in cybersecurity, like static and dynamic analysis and fuzzing.
- Strong background in AI and machine learning techniques, with a focus on their application in cybersecurity.
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in AI and cybersecurity, such as Python, C++, or Rust.
- Familiarity with open-source software development practices and tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to develop innovative solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated passion for advancing the field of AI and cybersecurity to better society.
The US estimated base salary for this full-time W2 employee role is $150,000 – $300,000, not including bonuses and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, location, and employment type. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We’re at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Highlighting some of our US & Canadian Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with 5% company matching.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- Moving expenses to NY: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers & above.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of PTO per year for vacation, sick, and personal time off.
- 15 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $150,000 - $300,000
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page