- Job Title Business Development Representative
- Hiring Organization Cobalt
- Company Website https://www.cobalt.io/
- Remote Locations US, Europe
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
You will be responsible for contacting prospective customers and for qualifying opportunities for the Cobalt Pentesting as a service Solution. Working with our Business Development Manager, you will research and build a pipeline, identify target accounts, and help determine the most efficient method of outreach. Excellent phone and email skills, as well as the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. You will be responsible for accurately tracking prospect interactions and information in our salesforce. We’re looking for professionals with strong organizational and follow up skills who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience will enhance your candidacy for this role. At Cobalt we believe in promoting from within – strong performance in this role will lead to upward mobility within the Sales or Marketing organization. This is a full time, remote role to be based in the U.S.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter’s contribution to our mission — let’s make security dance!
Please apply even if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
Pay Range Disclosure
Cobalt is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range is $50,000 – $70,000 per year + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states and may be impacted by proximity to major metropolitan cities.
- Set up qualified meetings for your team to drive pipeline creation
- Achieve monthly targets
- Build relationships with prospective clients/AEs within your territory
- Work closely with with the Marketing Demand Generation team to help fuel the prospecting pipeline
- Articulate Cobalt’s value proposition to help clients understand the “why”
- Find new and innovative ways to connect with Cobalt’s target clients
- Highly motivated self-starter mentality and an ability to work independently
- An open mind to receive constructive coaching and adapt accordingly
- Ability to execute on deliverables in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Bonus if You Have
- Previous BDR experience
- Salesforce knowledge
- Salesloft knowledge
- Zoominfo knowledge
- ABM Experience
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location US, Europe
- Salary Offer $50,000 - $70,000 per year
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page