- Job Title Creative Director, Video and Visual Storytelling –
- Hiring Organization Yahoo
- Company Website https://www.yahooinc.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
he largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
About Yahoo Finance
Yahoo Finance is the most-used business and financial digital platform in the world, offering millions of daily users access to data, insights, tools, news, and information from its in-house team and other leading financial media. Its news operation produces live streaming market coverage each trading day, as well as other special programming throughout the week. Its programming reaches millions of viewers daily through Yahoo Finance’s apps and platforms, social media platforms, and leading Advanced TV platforms. Our digital storytelling plays a key role In support of Yahoo Finance’s mission of helping all our users protect and increase their wealth, focusing on economic, corporate, and investing news and insights that drive the markets, personal-finance priorities, and insightful profiles and interviews of the world’s most prominent business leaders and influential investors.
About this job
This is a key leadership role on our video team, reporting directly to the Head of Video/Managing Editor, Yahoo Finance Live. In this role, you will shape the style, look and approach as Yahoo Finance Video pursues its goal of building the best set of media and tools for all who want to protect and increase their wealth. With your help, Yahoo Finance video programming will integrate clear, useful reporting with data and graphics to provide audiences with useful insights and ideas that address the key questions they face.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $129,210.00 – $281,305.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
- Seamlessly syncs ideas with overall business strategy, applying through execution. Sets the creative vision for Yahoo Finance Video’s future, drawing from the brand’s overall leadership and goals.
- A multidisciplinary powerhouse who easily swings between creating YF Live, Specials, and Series graphic packages, animations, and more. Skills that expand to social, video, and reporting are a plus.
- Passionate about finance news, and visual storytelling, and is effective in relaying vision to the team, stakeholders, and beyond.
- Ability to manage large workloads, delegate effectively, and meet fast-moving deadlines
- Ability to move fast, reprioritize, and maximize resources.
- Ability to optimize resources by democratizing graphic creation among reporters, producers, and beyond.
- Ability to take complex ideas and transform them into engaging relevant, fresh storytelling ideas.
- Obsessed with data and applies it to deliverables.
- Transform business as usual, and drive change, consistently and methodically, across all of Yahoo’s distribution channels.
- Understands how to scale visual storytelling and amplify the output. For instance, explainer graphics for the show should scale to social, video assets, and article pages.
- This leader has strong leadership skills, nurtures teams, builds bridges, and sets the tone for what a successful environment looks like.
- The qualified candidate has 10+ years in a Creative leadership role in a top television and news market
- Extensive experience with live programming, events, specials, and sponsorships
- A creative visionary who sees the big picture and steers the team toward it
- Engages in leadership meetings, sets a clear roadmap for long-term goals and growth
- Strong project management skills, building, maintaining, and executing the roadmap for all aspects of video from Yahoo Finance Live, Video, Articles, Social Media, YouTube, Distribution, and beyond
- This person has advanced experience building workflows, improving efficiencies, CMS, and other publishing tools
- Proven hands-on experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, AfferEffect, and other design and animation tools
- Experience with video editing tools a plus
- Extensive experience negotiating and managing contracts with outside vendors
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Strong creative background, with a deep understanding of financial journalism, and storytelling on various platforms from OTT, social media, and Youtube.Has a clear vision of how they can elevate Yahoo Finance Video to award status.
- Experience partnering with sales, marketing, and other initiatives tied to video goals
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $129,210.00 – $281,305.00/yr
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page