- Job Title Customer Success Manager
- Hiring Organization Canonical
- Company Website https://canonical.com/
- Remote Locations APAC
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
The role of a Customer Success Manager at Canonical
Customer success is a new and strategic department at Canonical, with a clear objective to reduce risk and churn, facilitate the adoption of new products or services and support expansion within existing accounts. Customer Success Managers (CSM) are responsible for developing trust with their assigned customers and committing to providing them with the best possible experience navigating Canonical’s vast offering. Through a clear understanding of their customer’s objectives, the CSM can activate a large range of internal and external capabilities to alleviate any pain point, align expectations, as well as help draw and deliver on an appropriate collaboration roadmap.
We are growing our Customer Success team to continue to offer thoughtful, smart, precise interactions across all our product portfolio, from Ubuntu to open source infrastructure and applications. In order to provide the appropriate level of focus for each and every customer, CSMs are specialized in the following segments:
- Mass – SMEs or large businesses starting their journey with Canonical
- Focus – Large businesses with established ARR
- Step Growth – a selection of high potential customers
All CSMs are involved in contributing to business support at the company level for all remaining, not-yet-assigned customers (Tech segment), including our Store customers.
Location: This role will be based remotely in the Americas region or APAC region.
- Onboard new customers and introduce them to our products and support processes. Products include: Ubuntu Pro, MAAS, Landscape, Openstack, Ceph, Kubernetes, data applications and many more.
- Elaborate and coordinate complex projects in interaction with developers, IT managers and decision makers from various industries.
- Collaborate with Sales, Field Engineering and Support in developing and delivering engagement plans that fulfill the customer’s objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of customers in a specific geographic region and identify growth opportunities or renewal risks in coordination with Sales.
- Experience running a disciplined, weekly customer and business review process with cross-functional teams, identifying and prioritizing blockers, and driving resolution through corporate product and engineering teams
- Serve as a customer advocate internally and influence Canonical products roadmaps, Canonical websites, documentation, processes and people to improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Supporting customers through reactive ticket requests.
- Create campaigns targeting multiple customers through digital touch-points and activities.
The ideal candidate would display impeccable customer facing skills with a passion for cloud and data centre infrastructure technologies. We are also looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience with a strong relation to IT and with exposure to projects related to at least one of these topics: Linux OS, data applications, storage, cloud computing, networking, security, migration, IoT.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to guide a conversation about complex softwares.
- Experience building and improving internal processes while maintaining timely delivery to customer-related projects.
- A true team player capable of interacting with all departments and at all levels both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
Additional skills that you might also bring
- Experience with Salesforce, Jira and CRMs
- Fluency in a language other than English
We consider geographical location, experience, and performance in shaping compensation worldwide. We revisit compensation annually (and more often for graduates and associates) to ensure we recognise outstanding performance. In addition to base pay, we offer a performance-driven annual bonus. We provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. We balance our programs to meet local needs and ensure fairness globally.
- Distributed work environment with twice-yearly team sprints in person – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of USD 2,000 per year
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues from your team and others
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location APAC
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page