- Company Website: https://www.duolingo.com/
- Remote Locations: Worldwide
- Job Type: Freelance, Part Time
Duolingo is piloting a project where we connect real students with real language instructors.
Our learners will be able to text their tutor a question related to grammar, vocabulary clarification, requesting pronunciation feedback, and help with “casual conversation”.
You would interact with students through a chat interface and communicate by sending text, audio clips, and short pre-recorded videos. While students can ask questions 24/7, the expectation is that you respond within roughly 24 hours – therefore your work hours will be very flexible and spread throughout the day.
We are looking for passionate French teachers who are interested and able to help learners master the French language!
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million learners and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our learners, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
- Use your expertise in teaching French to English speakers to answer questions about French grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and conversation.
- Create short, easy to understand explanations to student questions via text, video, and audio.
- Exercise creativity and humor to ensure that students are engaged and find value in their interactions.
- Maintain an approximately 24h response turnaround time.
- Experience teaching French to English speakers.
- Mastery of French grammatical concepts and ability to concisely communicate these to learners over text message (or video).
- Experience in explaining pronunciation.
- Experience crafting language learning material.
- Basic digital literacy (Google docs, spreadsheets).
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work at least 15 hours a week.
- A passion for teaching French!
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level
- Education Level unspecified
- Working Hours freelance
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page