- Job Title: Insurance Accounts Receivable Collector
- Hiring Organization: Envision Healthcare
- Company Website: https://www.amsurg.com/
- Remote Locations: United States
- Job Type: Remote, Full-Time
AMSURG, the Envision Healthcare solution for ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs), collaborates with physicians and health systems across the country to provide and promote quality patient care. We are the nationally recognized leader in the strategic and operations management of ASCs that deliver high quality, high value, same-day surgical services with a superior patient experience. Launched in 1992 as an ASC industry pioneer, AMSURG is currently partnered with nearly 2,000 specialty physicians providing outpatient surgical services in more than 250 facilities in 34 states.
We have an exciting opportunity available on our team for an experienced Insurance Accounts Receivable Collector in our Central Billing Office (CBO) located in Nashville, TN. The Insurance A/R Collector on our team is responsible for maintaining ambulatory surgery center (ASC) medical and billing records, ensuring coding and operations compliance.
This is a remote position, allowing the Insurance Accounts Receivable Collector position to be based anywhere in the country. Candidate must be wiling to work a Central Time Zone schedule Monday – Friday.
Quarterly Bonuses are available for all eligible Insurance A/R Collector associates! To qualify, you need to meet performance and production metrics and achieve collection goals, with incentives that range based on production.
- Follow-up on open balances listed on monthly AR and Payer Follow-up reports.
- Review and update patient demographics and payer information as necessary for completion of claims payment.
- Transfer balances and print claims.
- Generate correspondence to payers such as appeals and payments.
- Promptly identify any errors or other issues in claims processing.
- Effectively follow up on any unpaid balances, bringing any remaining balance to prompt resolution.
- Meet quality assurance and productivity standards by identifying and reconciling insurance balance accounts.
- Review explanations of benefits details on denials.
- Communicate with insurance payer representatives, patients, and center staff to ensure timely and accurate resolution of account transactions.
- Prioritize assigned accounts to maximize aged accounts receivable resolution.
- Review explanation of benefit (EOB) documentation and notate accounts on collection activity to perform account resolution.
- Receive inbound patient calls regarding financial responsibility.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 2+ years’ experience as an Insurance Accounts Receivable Collector in the healthcare industry.
- Solid understanding of the revenue cycle process and how it relates to payers and patients.
- Able to review claims with an understanding of the denial process and what is required to work a denial to obtain payment for the center.
- Able to prioritize and work independently, and work and complete projects within a reasonable time frame.
- Able to read and explain an insurance EOB.
- Confidently able to work with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Experience with 10-key.
An Insurance Accounts Receivable Collector must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level High(Secondary) School Diploma
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page