- Job Title Medical Coder
- Hiring Organization Carbon Health
- Company Website https://carbonhealth.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
1 million+ patients to-date
2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
This role will be responsible for reviewing medical record documentation for accurately assigning diagnostic and procedural coding relative to revenue and reimbursement for all encounters associated with Carbon Health entities. This will also include translating patient information into alpha-numeric medical codes using patient treatment, health history, diagnosis, and related information. ICD-10-CM and CPT code assignments must be consistent with CMS’Official Guidelines and any regulatory agency guidelines. We will look to your knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 coding guidelines, compliance and professional billing practices; including knowledge of Evaluation and Management Guidelines to coordinate with Coding Leadership to identify provider education and revenue opportunities.
All candidate email communication will be done through an @carbonhealth.com email address. If you ever receive communication regarding a job posting from an entity that does not match that or seems concerning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.
- Complete accountable work related to pended charges in work queue review to ensure timely billing in conjunction with billing and compliance guidelines
- Select correct code assignment by proficient analysis and translation of diagnostic statements, physicians’s orders, and other pertinent documentation
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines and regulatory guidance; including responsibility for maintaining current coding certification status
- Participates in process improvement assignments and other duties as assigned incoordination with billing for documentation review as needed for rebill and appeals
- 4+ years coding experience, billing for professional services, and related experience
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent experience may be substituted
- Current AAPC Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification
- Expertise of Coding and Billing Guidelines for multiple specialties
- Technical knowledge and skills of electronic medical records
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, and paid holidays
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k employee contributions, FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
- Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
- All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Associate Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page