- Job Title Medical Question Writer
- Hiring Organization Osmosis
- Company Website https://www.osmosis.org/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Part Time
This position is 10-30 hours per week and remote. You must regularly be available during Eastern Standard Time (UTC – 5).
Who We Are
At Osmosis, we believe that everyone who cares for someone can learn by Osmosis. Our global team’s mission is to empower clinicians and caregivers with the best learning experience possible, increase healthcare capacity, and ultimately improve patient outcomes. In 2021, Osmosis partnered with Elsevier – the world’s leading publisher. This combined partnership will help us reach our goal of educating a billion people by 2025. Together, we are creating a more caring world by developing the most caring people.
What You’ll Do
As part of the Osmosis Team, the Question Writer will work with the Content Team to deliver the best learning experience possible for our learners. You will work closely with our question writing team, which consists of other question writers, editors, and reports to our Sr. Content Manager for Questions. The questions you write will be uploaded to our robust, growing Osmosis question bank. Sometimes, you’ll be asked to participate in team meetings and discussions where you get to interact with members from the question team and many others.
How You Work
- Receptive to constructive feedback on style and substance
- You have access to a work environment that is conducive to working remotely (stable internet and computer)
- Can dedicate 10 – 30 hours of work per week
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values and embody them daily. You are motivated to help us achieve our common goals and vision!
- Adaptable. You embrace the scrappy startup mentality. You are flexible and versatile with changes to projects, goals, and strategies. You are comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment.
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to problem-solve both solo or with your team members. You work diligently to produce excellent results, even with limited time and resources.
- Growth mindset-oriented. You are constantly learning and applying these learnings to your craft. You work through change and obstacles to reach resolutions and value the power of “not yet.”
- Solutions Oriented. You see problems as opportunities to act. You love proposing solutions and lean towards problem-solving action.
- Reliable. You get things done on time and if you drop the ball, you’re the first to pick it up. You hold yourself accountable and take ownership for mistakes.
- Caring Communicator. You know the importance of clear, thoughtful communication in a fully distributed environment. You can navigate crucial conversations through mindfully listening to others and clearly expressing your needs.
- Help develop and curate the Osmosis question banks by writing clinical vignettes and comprehensive explanations that follow the Osmosis style guide, including adhering to Osmosis standards for inclusive language
- Review and edit your questions as needed at the recommendation of the Question Editors with a focus on accuracy, precision, readability, and educational value
- Work with medical illustration team to create images and figures highlighting important medical concepts or disease processes
- Attend team meetings as needed and regular check-ins with the question writing team and Sr. Content Manager for Questions
- Identify and complete other tasks as needed
- Must be a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) or international equivalent
- Must have successfully completed the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK exams (or COMLEX Level 1 and Level 2 exams)
- Must have strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize, integrate, and teach complex medical topics
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Preferred: Candidates with a background in question writing
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Master's Degree, Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours 10-30 hours per week
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page