- Job Title Music Composition and Curricular Consultant
- Hiring Organization Duolingo
- Company Website https://www.duolingo.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Freelance, Part Time
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
We are looking for a freelance musical composition and curriculum expert who has experience composing songs to teach novice learners, expertise in music pedagogy, and some experience crafting digital music learning experiences. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible.
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core language learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
- Use your music pedagogy experience to suggest public domain songs that are interesting, aligned with the concepts we want to teach, and have the right tempo to be used with music learners
- Use your composition expertise with Soundslice to compose songs of 1-2 minutes which fit our curriculum
- Use your music education experience to support curricular decisions for a new app to teach music
- Full professional proficiency in English
- BA/BS in music, music education, psychology, cognitive science or similar
- Expertise composing music using digital tools
- Experience connecting popular music to underlying music theory
- Instructional experience teaching music across settings
- Knowledge of current music curricula and apps
- Basic digital literacy (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work at least 10 hours a week
Exceptional Candidates WiIl Have…
- Experience with digital learning technologies for music learning
- Familiarity with commonly used music curricula and interventions
- Experience coaching teachers or leading music professional development
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page