- Job Title Communications and Knowledge Management Lead
- Hiring Organization Bixal
- Company Website https://www.bixal.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Who we are
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role can work remotely from anywhere in the USA. You must be legally authorized to work in the US.Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship.
What Will You Do?
The Communications and Knowledge Management Lead will work on the Designing Effective eVidence-based Engagement and Learning for Organizational Performance (DEVELOP) activity to deliver educational outcomes to support the USAID Center for Education in strengthening its organizational capacity to lead in the education sector, with a particular focus on organizational effectiveness, staff professional development, knowledge management, and communications.
$118,000 – $156,000 a year
- Provide strategic leadership and strategic growth in communications, knowledge management and learning to advance the project goals and implementation quality.
- Work closely with project leadership to develop a Communications and KM Plan as part of a holistic knowledge management and learning strategy and oversee a small team to support its implementation. Adjust the strategy based on data and continuous reviews of CKM tools and approaches.
- Support the Center for Education and other USAID operating units in utilizing CKM tools and methods.
- Support and oversee development of knowledge products (e.g., learning briefs, case studies, and other technical products) and creation of data-driven visualizations (e.g., infographics, story maps) for internal and external audiences.
- Curate, prepare, and disseminate DEVELOP-related information, learning, research findings, and sector trends through news digests, programming and policy summaries, literature reviews.
- Manage and facilitate internal and external knowledge sharing events such as seminars, webinars, online discussions, or in-person events, as needed.
- Oversee creation of interactive web-based features, dashboards, and databases, as required.
- Oversee the management of theEducation Links websiteand other websites, including overseeing the Product Manager to review and update functionality as needed with a focus on ensuring website security and privacy standards; provide quality assurance and edit content across the website.
- Work in close collaboration with team members to keep content up to date and optimize website content for search engines and improve overall traffic to client sites.
- Work with the data team members to track and report on web analytics.
- Work closely with other team members to monitor website resources and new developments in the field to stay current while exploring opportunities to expand the resources offered on client websites.
- Play an active role in the site re-design and support content migration efforts.
- Conceptualize and conduct a baseline project communications assessment that will guide the strategic direction for the communications approach.
- Using the communications assessment results, formulate a strategic communications vision and plan for the project.
- Lead the strategy for and execution of highly effective and visible online communications efforts across the project, including email campaigns, blogs, and partner platforms.
- Develop a media outreach strategy and oversee media engagement.
- Formulate social media strategy and develop content across various social media platforms.
- Oversee production of the project e-newsletter.
- Analyze audience needs and prepare compelling, high-quality content across a range of products to communicate strategic messages to attract, engage and inform key internal and external audiences.
- Develop editorial style guidelines for project-wide publications and knowledge products.
- Develop guidance and processes to ensure compliance with USAID branding and marking guidelines and 508 compliance.
- Plan and manage communications support to activities and events across DEVELOP to ensure high quality delivery.
- Manage a team of communications and design experts (full time and part time) to ensure communications is supported appropriately across DEVELOP activities.
- Bachelor‘s degree in international development, public relations, marketing, communications, or related field. Master‘s degree in a relevant field requested but not required, especially with complementary experience.
- At least 10 years of post-graduate communications experience working in a non-profit, government, or corporate setting.
- At least 3 years of team lead and communications/KM lead experience.
- Experience working with USAID and/or other development donors.
- Familiarity with USAID branding and marking requirements.
- Expertise in developing and implementing a wide range of strategic communications and knowledge management activities, including knowledge products, website development, digital campaigns (e.g., e-newsletters, social media strategy, traditional media engagement, success stories) as well as written collateral and products.
- Strong knowledge of or experience working in international development, and familiarity with issues related to the education sector.
- Demonstrated experience in both strategic planning and adaptive management, including the USAID principles of collaboration, learning and adapting.
- Deep expertise in systems strengthening, adult learning principles, creative problem-solving, and effective communications.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient in web-based technology, social media, and digital strategy.
- Team player with a good sense of humor who thrives in a collaborative and results driven work environment.
- Proven excellence in juggling multiple and frequent deadlines with high attention to detail and delivering on time with high client and stakeholder engagement.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Drupal (7, 8, or 9).
- Lived and/or worked in developing country for a minimum of two years.
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Work from home flexibility
- 401K with matching incentive
- Parental Leave
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Flex Spending Account
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- 11 Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- New business referral bonus
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $118,000 – $156,000 a year
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page