- Job Title Director, Tutoring
- Hiring Organization Amplify Education
- Company Website https://amplify.com/
- Remote Locations United States
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than eleven million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify has provided core curriculum, intervention resources, digital assessments, and high-impact coaching and professional development to support data-driven instruction among K-12 educators for nearly two decades.
Amplify Tutoring launched in response to heightened student needs driven by disruptions in schooling and unfinished learning as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. High-dosage tutoring has gained national momentum as a proven research-based support to close achievement gaps for students. This is an opportunity to join an innovative, rapidly growing team that is helping schools, districts, and states to scale high-impact tutoring programs and meet student needs. Amplify works in close partnership with districts and states on an array of tutoring initiatives, including providing small group reading tutoring directly to district students through Amplify Tutors, professional development for district-managed tutors, and consultancy services for districts to scope and implement in-house high-impact tutoring.
The Director, Tutoring (South Central US) will play a critical role in scaling and implementing a successful full-service K-5 virtual literacy program across 5 current districts as well as a large state contract providing materials and training to thousands of district-managed tutors. The Director will manage a team of program managers and tutor coaches that work closely with state, district and school leaders to ensure success for students. In addition, the Director will work across internal teams and sales teams to implement new tutoring engagements in the South Central territory of the US.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, strategic-thinking education leader who uses data to make decisions and ensures outstanding support to team members they lead. He or she will combine a capacity for strategic, systems-level thinking necessary for large-scale engagements; deep instructional knowledge; attention to detail, specifically for project planning; ability to make quick decisions in order to direct a team; excellent communication skills; and strong relationship building skills with critical internal and external stakeholders to ensure a successful tutoring program implementation. The Director, Tutoring (South Central) will report to the Executive Director, Tutoring.
This position is remote; however, working hours are in the Central Time Zone.
“Absent a qualified exemption, Amplify requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all in-person meetings and in-office or onsite work. If you would like to request an accommodation, please discuss with one of our recruiters or HR Business Partners.”
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
The Director, Tutoring South Central will support expansion of Amplify’s tutoring program by:
Leading and directing a team
- Manage and direct an internal, remote team of program managers and tutor coaches
- Develop team routines, set expectations, provide targeted feedback and develop correlating assets for internal teams
Partner with and support district and state leaders
- Develop and maintain partnerships at the district and/or state level
- Directly engage with state and district leaders in order to design a program that supports their unique needs and successfully oversee the program by providing program status updates, new developments, data trends, and problem solving challenges
- Create successful structures to ensure fidelity and norming across multiple locations/ schools
Ensure all aspects of tutoring programs are smoothly implemented
- Track, analyze, and report on data systems in order to have visibility into key metrics of the program and make decisions accordingly
- Routinely analyze data to pull out trends across the program in order to codify findings and prioritize programmatic and systemic needs
- Envision, plan, and review design for professional development to train implementation teams, both internal and external, including tutors, tutor coaches, school and district leaders, and program managers
Collaborate with internal teams:
- Collaborate with sales, government relations, platform teams, and key members of the tutoring leadership team to plan and implement new engagements in the South Central Territory of the US
- Build systems for transparency for both internal and external teams to show visibility and insights into student and tutoring outcomes
The ideal candidate for the Director, Tutoring – South Central is someone who has the following characteristics:
- 5+ years of PK-12 school based experience
- 2+ years of experience in a school network, district, or state education leadership role
- Experience successfully leading a large, diverse, team of adults
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing large complex programs in district/state settings
- Experience designing large, ongoing professional development engagements with multiple touchpoints at a district or state level
- Budget management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Science of Reading in early literacy
- Deep understanding of data analysis standard methodologies in order to drive instruction and increase student achievement
- Proficient with technology (GoogleMeets, Google docs, Google platforms)
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in building new projects
- Prior experience managing a tutoring program
- Knowledge of and experience using Amplify mCLASS products
- Experience writing RFPs and/or custom proposals for districts and states for professional development and educational services
Salary is only one component of the Amplify Total Rewards package, which includes a lucrative 401(k) plan, incentive stock options, competitive health insurance and mental health options, basic life insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and access to best-in-class development programs. The gross salary range for this role is $115,000.00 – $140,000.00. This role is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus that rewards individual and company performance.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $115,000.00 - $140,000.00
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page