- Job Title Kindergarten Teacher
- Hiring Organization Laurel Springs School
- Company Website https://laurelsprings.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Laurel Springs School is looking for an experienced, energetic, flexible, passionate Kindergarten educator for our online Kindergarten program. This educator must love working with young students, have excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and be highly skilled with learning strategies that support young learners and their guardians in an online environment. The K-5 program at Laurel Springs is primarily asynchronous with frequent opportunities for live virtual interactions, so the Kindergarten educator should be comfortable with both modalities and be enthusiastic about designing new ways to connect with young students. The Kindergarten teacher works closely with other K-5 educators and the Academic Department Chair, so this educator must also be skilled at working collaboratively with a team.
This is a full-time remote position that requires educators to be available during business hours (Eastern Time) to perform grading/feedback and curriculum project work and attend meetings, office hours, and appointments.
- Job Function Elementary Education
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Advance the mission of the school by providing high-quality, positive, proactive asynchronous and synchronous student learning through the LSS online learning management system and other learning platforms.
- Demonstrate high-level content and/or grade-level expertise and ability to engage best practices in online teaching.
- Actively monitor academic progress of each assigned student and intervene as needed to ensure mastery and timely completion of enrollments.
- Provide substantive, motivating, personalized, timely, and constructive feedback for all student assignments.
- Support the curriculum team with content creation and course reviews as assigned.
- Communicate proactively and responsively with students, parents, counselors, staff, and administrators via email, phone, video conference, and any other communication tools provided by LSS.
- Be readily and proactively accessible to students and parents via virtual office hours, individual appointments, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Serve as a Community Room Lead teacher for all students in the applicable grade level.
- Participate in school-wide events, meetings, and communications collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff.
- Participate in professional development, practice self-assessment, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Participate actively in the school community by leading and joining clubs, in-person and virtual field trips, and other school-sponsored experiences.
- Maintain a virtual environment that is safe, healthy, appropriate, and conducive to learning.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding staff, children and families as well as LSS management and operations.
- Actively and accurately monitor, track, and report data as requested or required by LSS leadership.
- Aid students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by fostering an inclusive environment of support and belonging.
- Encourage initiative and a sense of responsibility for learning in students.
- Reflect attitude and behaviors that value diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Engage a growth mindset that values flexibility, openness to change, an innovative spirit, and comfort with the ambiguity inherent in new programs and processes as they are designed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education or applicable content area. Advanced degree in education or applicable content area strongly preferred.
- Active teaching credential for applicable content/grade level and commitment to ongoing compliance with state and local regulations relating to background checks and credentials.
- Strong experience in K-5 teaching. Strong experience in online learning, asynchronous learning, and/or blended learning strongly preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills with word processing, productivity, communication, and educational technology tools; expertise with G-Suite, Learning Management Systems, and Student Information Systems is strongly preferred.
- Access to high-quality internet and quiet work space that allows the teacher to be fully present and available to students, parents, and colleagues during work hours.
- Availability to work Monday through Friday during business hours (approximately 9 am to 4 pm Eastern Time).
- Ability to travel to attend in-person events, meetings, and training at least once or twice per year.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $50,000.00 - $60,000.00
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page