- Job Title Teacher Communications Manager
- Hiring Organization Elevate K-12
- Company Website https://elevatek12.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand-new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
We are seeking a talented internal Communications Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all communications to our teachers, who are contractors with Elevate. 2,000-strong, our teachers need to hear from Elevate in monthly newsletters, for new technology launches, contract management and employment updates, feedback and survey requests, etc. This important role is responsible for crafting those communications, in a way that lands our message and stays on brand for Elevate. You’ll partner with departments across the company (including Marketing, Teacher Success, Product/Technology, Customer Service, Learning & Development) to ensure that any message that needs to get out to our teachers is done so in a consistent and effective manner. The role reports in through our Marketing department, and has elements of both corporate communications and engagement marketing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
You will be responsible for leading the internal communications (inbound and outbound) strategy and execution.
- Write, edit and send all broad teacher-facing communications
- In partnership with Marketing, create the voice and tone of Elevate, from a teacher employer perspective
- Create engaging material that keeps Elevate teachers connected with the company and each other (e.g. newsletters, fun events)
- Be the voice of authority on new information to disseminate to the teacher population
- Partner closely with other departments, to always know what needs to be communicated to teachers, when, and at what level of detail
- Work with Customer Service on inbound communications/query strategy
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, English or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in corporate or internal communications, or engagement marketing
- Strong writing and editing skills, distilling lots of information into clear language
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- An amazing team of Elevaters with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone & Internet stipend
- One time office and equipment stipend
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page