- Job Title Online Tutor
- Hiring Organization Imagine Learning
- Company Website https://www.imaginelearning.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Great Purpose. Great People. Great Opportunities.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best.
We also ignite career breakthroughs, with the majority of our positions being fully remote opportunities that offer you what you’re really looking for: flexible work arrangements, interesting and meaningful job responsibilities, career growth, and a supportive team.
Imagine Your Impact.
The Synchronous Instructor serves students in Grades 312 in either the four core subjects, French, or Spanish through on-demand 1:1 tutoring and small group interventions across company products or as part of the company’s World Language program. This position works collaboratively as well as cross-functionally with a goal of helping students who have diverse needs.
- Position Type: This is a regular, full-time position.
- Compensation: Base pay is anticipated to be between $18.14 and $21.78 per hour. Eligible employees may also receive incentive/commission/annual bonus pay based on individual and/or company performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as, but not limited to, individual skills, experience, training, education/certifications, geographic location, internal equity, and local market conditions.
- Location: In this US-based position your location will be remote.
Envision Your Experience.
Imagine Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected status. Imagine Learning will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals as required by law.
- Provides 1:1 synchronous tutoring through chat, text, and audio communication across multiple grade levels and subject areas based on experience and content knowledge.
- Coaches and provides content support to students across company platforms.
- Provides high-quality instruction with the goal of supporting conceptual understanding.
- Develops, prepares, and delivers synchronous instruction to students needing targeted interventions.
- Uses resources and instructional-based best practices to provide effective instruction.
- Self-manages based on team metrics.
- Participates in continuous professional growth activities.
- Proficient with the content offerings to support students and grade levels as assigned across the company.
- Collaborates with colleagues to develop and implement instructional best practices.
- Attends and participates in professional development sessions.
- Completes the company and Synchronous Education Services onboarding program including the new hire mentor process.
- Communicates professionally with all stakeholders (students, colleagues, customers) using text, audio, and video technologies.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field and at least 1 year of experience directly related to duties; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Active teaching certification preferred.
- Bilingual fluency preferred.
- Proficiency in two or more of the following subject areas: Social Studies, English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Spanish, or French, as required by the position.
- Demonstrated growth mindset.
- Prior experience in a blended or online environment preferred.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop creative solutions and provide ideas to effectively assist students.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed, and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, online video chat, and database software.
- Proof of current clearances required within 7 days of hire.
Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility, investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
We offer a flexible workplace, with the majority of employees enjoying the opportunity to work from home within the US. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Austin, TX, Petaluma, CA, and Rock Rapids, IA.
Imagine Learning provides a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees, including:
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including 2 floating holidays and a winter shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fertility benefits
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- Life and short and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax savings plans
- Paid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- A wide variety of professional development programs, including tuition reimbursement
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $18.14 and $21.78 per hour
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page