- Job Title Senior Electrical Design Engineer
- Hiring Organization Twelve.co
- Company Website https://www.twelve.co/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Capital Projects Team designs, builds and operates processing plants utilizing Twelve’s proprietary technology. We work closely with Business Development to fulfill offtake agreements for carbon negative fuels and chemicals that we produce.
In this position, you will be responsible for the success of the electrical technical scope across a full project life cycle for process plants using both electrolyzers and other balance of plant equipment to capture, process, and convert CO2 into a myriad of value-add products. As part of the Capital Projects technical team, you will lead the conceptual design, partner closely with external parties to execute detailed design and the construction of process plants, and partner closely with our R&D and productization teams to help develop and continually improve electrical designs for 1MW and larger systems.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don’t see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Potential Twelve Candidates, please be aware of potential recruiting scams. Twelve will never ask you for payment or your payment information in order to pursue a career here. If anyone has requested such a payment or payment information in relation to a Twelve position or if you believe that someone outside Twelve has impersonated a Twelve recruiter or employee, please contact email@example.com. Thank you and be safe!
- Develop electrical engineering FEL 2-3 deliverables.
- Work with other electrical engineers on balance of plant electrical designs for process plants and electrolyzer systems.
- Interface with adjacent internal disciplines and project functions such as process, controls, instrumentation, mechanical, procurement, and project management.
- Interface with EPCs, construction contractors, OEMs, distributors, consultants, and other subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with our R&D and business development to continually integrate improvements to Twelve’s core technology into the next generation of designs.
- Review and approve electrical equipment data sheets and requisition packages, detailed design electrical drawings, FAT plans, commissioning plans, etc.
- Manage 3rd party engineering interfaces in detailed design.
- Execute or guide electrical studies: short-circuit, coordination, arc-flash, harmonics.
- Provide support to on-site electrical construction teams and assist with plant commissioning and start-up activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with system scaleup and electrical design for commercial plants, from kW to MW size.
- Experience with specifying, installing, operating and/or maintaining large power distribution electrical equipment such as rectifiers/converters, liquid-filled power transformers, switchgear (low and medium voltage), MCCs, motors, protective relaying and metering, UPS, e-Houses, etc.
- Familiarity with hazardous (classified) location equipment specification and wiring methods.
- Technical expertise with engineering studies and calculations such as load flow, short circuit, motor starting, coordination, arc flash, and harmonic studies.
- Experience working for or with EPCs on large scale engineering and construction projects.
- Experience working with IEEE, API, and IEC standards as well as the routine electrical installation and product/equipment standards.
- Awareness of industrial plant operating philosophies and business drivers.
- Understanding and familiarity with project execution processes and project lifecycles.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work as part of a highly collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it’s important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $124,000 – $185,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate’s diverse sets of skill levels.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $124,000 – $185,000
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page